Sunday, April 4, 2010

Butler University, Hinkle Fieldhouse, and The Final Four



Remember my college kid...again? The undergrad school she graduated from was Butler University. That means I am familiar with the Butler campus. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with Hinkle Fieldhouse, Butler's home venue (The Dawg Pound). The only time I've been inside was for graduation...and happy I was that day. No more lugging college person type belongings up and down I-65.




Since I have only been in Hinkle for graduation ceremonies, then I only have graduation pictures. Never attended a basketball game there, not even when I was a high school student and when state high school finals were held there (like in the movie Hoosiers).



Butler is in the Horizon League. There was a big push a few years back to have the Horizon League tournament held in Gary, Indiana since so many Horizon League teams (like Valparaiso University, Loyola University, UIC, and Butler) are close to Gary. That push was made when Gary had a CBA professional basketball team. That push may have been reduced to a nudge with Butler's recent success in the Final Four and the Gary team closing up shop. However, the Horizon League's baseball tournament WILL be held in Gary this spring (spring 2010) at US SteelYard. This time I will leave with something other than graduation photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment