Sunday, April 11, 2010

Add Derrick Coleman to the List


My ex-wife, ABA/NBA basketball standout George Gervin, and Derrick Coleman are all cousins. They all are either from Detroit or have lots of relatives in Detroit. Apparently, they all should be avoided when it comes to money matters. Well, I did not know about Derrick's issues until reading this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Derrick-Coleman-is-almost-5-million-in-debt;_ylt=AhWQjcENG1V0bmaRl4ovyUEYc8UF?urn=nba,233379
Coleman's biggest debt comes from a $1.3 million lawsuit brought against him by Comerica Bank and a $1 million real estate loan from Thornburg Mortgage Home Loans. He also owes $50,000 to NBA Hall of Famer, and current Detroit mayor, Dave Bing.

I will not elaborate on my ex's inability to manage money. I will only say that I am happier now than ever in my adult life. Nor will I elaborate on George's family fundraising while I was married to my ex, only to say that my ex could not afford the family reunion money at the time (or any other time, for that matter).

Derrick Coleman? I am hoping money, or the lack thereof, has nothing to do with genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment