Sunday, May 2, 2010

Owner of the Strangest Minor League Interviewed

Finally the owner of the strangest minor league (at least, the strangest minor league I ever saw), the Premier Basketball League (PBL), was interviewed with real questions. Dr. Severko Hrywnak, owner and C.E.O. of the PBL re-affirmed why I think the PBL is such a strange league, but he answered the questions rather honestly. I found his candor refreshing. Apparently Dr. Hrywnak is not a spin doctor.

Excerpts from the article:

...
Q: When do you think (the league can run without your money)?

Hrywnak: I wish I had that crystal ball. To run the league, it costs on the average about $1 million a year.

Q: What’s the goal, getting to the point where you aren’t the bank for the league and every owner has a stable operation?

Hrywnak: I’d like the team owners to be profitable, and I’d like, as an ownership group, that we’d all have a piece of the league and everyone can benefit.
...

Next blog: Shouldn't the League Commissioner Present the Championship Trophy?

No comments:

Post a Comment