Monday, May 31, 2010

Me and Bike the Drive 2010

Chicago's annual Bike the Drive event is where busy Lake Shore Drive is closed to car traffic then turned over to bicycle traffic. Bike the Drive is also my ultimate machismo statement, I ride a bicycle faster than you. Yes, that means you too towing your four year old daughter behind your cruiser bike. Actually, I was more sociable this year. I spoke to riders along the route other than the usual, "I'm on your left" and made conversation during rest stops. This is the video I made at this year's event.

I am riding a mountain bike, the same mountain bike I use for commuting. I cannot keep up with hard charging riders on road bikes. The people passing me like I was standing still were riding road bikes or recumbent bikes. I am buying a good road bike in the upcoming months and my fangs will be out even further for next year's event.

The following is the video I made from Bike the Drive 2009. The video is over 36 minutes long and I sometimes watch it while I am on my stationary bike to simulate real conditions.


Ken Biking The Drive, 2009

MySpace Video

No comments:

Post a Comment